In politics, launching your campaign is one of the few moments you get to control. After that, you’re largely responding to news of the day, external events, and attacks from your opponents. That’s why getting your launch right – especially online – is essential for your campaign.
Your digital campaign should be ready to capture and leverage all of the attention your new candidacy generates. Here on out, you’ll have to fight hard (or pay) to get that attention. By preparing early, you’ll be able to bank early support.
Here are the best articles and resources to help you think through and launch your digital campaign.
- All of the digital mistakes you can make on day one.
- How does digital fit into your staffing?
- Do not DIY your campaign website.
- Avoid making expensive, bad technology decisions.
- Six essential tools for starting out right.
Email & Online Fundraising
- Follow this checklist before hitting send on your announcement email.
- Do these three things to ensure it reach inboxes.
- Grow your email list with petitions at launch.
- Before sending to an old list, clean it first.
- Only launch social media channels that you can maintain.
- Ask your top supporters to do these five things online during launch day.
- Create content that is valuable, relevant, and consistent.
- Ensure your website is ready to be found on Google.
- Automate conversion funnels to maximize site traffic.
- Use analytics tracking codes to measure what works.